Monday, February 15, 2010

Happy Valentines Day!

I was feeling crafty and I wanted to make some old fashioned, handmade valentines cards. I had seen a lot of blogs posting adorable "will you be my bridesmaids" cards (and I even received a beautiful one myself from my friend Rachel). Since I never got around to doing this myself I decided to let my bridesmaids know how much I love and appreciate them all by creating valentines for them. I went and bought some great envelopes, vellum and papers from the Art Store and got crafty! I found a beautiful sheet of wrapping paper there and used pinking shears to create a liner for the outer white envelope. I used a pink paper inside a clear vellum folded card and envelope and cut a heart from the wrapping paper for the front of the card. It was fun, but it did take some time so I wasn't sure how to feel when I mentioned how I made them to my sister and she said she had thought I bought them!

 
lining the envelopes and cutting out the hearts


the finished product!

No comments:

Post a Comment