Thursday, February 4, 2010

Our Cake

A few weekends ago Matt and I took a  trip up to SB for the day for a cake tasting and meeting with a prospective DJ. I had sketched out my dream wedding cake on the airplane to Macedonia last summer: three tiers, white with beading, decorated with succulents, manzanita branches and flowers. The wonderful baker, Christine Dahl,  helped us improve on the idea and I am so pleased with the finished result I just can't wait to see it on the big day! The flowers will be white freesia, craspedia and echeveria succulents along with manzanita branches and a monogram "B." The top two tiers will be Vanilla Chiffon, White Chocolate Mousse, Lemon Curd and Raspberries. The  bottom will be Chocolate Devil's Food, White Choc. Mousse, Raspberry Jam, Chocolate Ganache and Raspberries. This was the best experience I have had planning so far!

A hint of what the cake will look like.....

No comments:

Post a Comment